This plant is native to Syria and Egypt, but can also be found in North Africa, the Middle East, Europe, South America and other regions of the Mediterranean.
Borage oil is the cosmetic product, which has many beneficial, antioxidant and rejuvenating properties, because the jam itself is a plant loaded with macro and micronutrients such as vitamins (vitamin A, nicaine, choline and thymethine). , minerals and other plant compounds.
Borage is a plant that can be used for the treatment of various diseases, such as diabetes, and also in the form of borage oil that we can use as a cosmetic product and is a good alternative to industrial cosmetics.
The benefits of this oil are:
- It plays a very important role in treating respiratory problems, as it can help improve the feeling of difficulty breathing in catarrhal or flu processes.
- As I told you above, it has in its composition anti-inflammatory properties, which can help us fight the symptoms of inflammation in some diseases, improving the quality of life of patients. Therefore it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Some of the processes in which borage oil has been shown to be effective are: periodontitis, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s or may have beneficial effects that relieve the most common symptoms during PMS, endometriosis and menopause.
- The researchers also noticed that this oil contains a substance similar to a mulaginous gel (viscous gel similar to glycerin), which due to its texture can help soothe and decongest mucous membranes.
- Improvements to the circulatory system. This is another very important benefit of this oil. Its role is to improve blood circulation, so it can help increase blood flow to areas where we may need it. For example, it can help us treat impotence caused by decreased blood flow to the genital area, help prevent hair loss and improve nail health. In the same way, it can effectively contribute to improving cardiovascular health, is suitable for fighting cholesterol and hypertension and can help us adjust to stressful situations.
- In this case, borage oil, due to its composition and its content of gamma-linolenic acid, has a regulating effect on prostaglandins, which are substances that act as mediators in inflammatory processes. For this reason, the use of borage oil in rheumatoid arthritis can help relieve completely natural inflammatory symptoms.
- And the last benefit of this oil is to support rheumatoid arthritis. This is an autoimmune condition, which means that our own immune system attacks our body (confuses cells with body tissues, producing antibodies against them).