Specialists recommend this food because it has many benefits that we can get from it. In addition to its many benefits, it is very good for fighting colds and infections, because the properties of its components make it an excellent natural medicine.
But why is garlic ideal for fighting colds and infections? It is believed that some of the beneficial health effects of garlic come from its sulfur-containing compounds, such as allicin, which are also responsible for the characteristic smell of garlic.
Thanks to it you can fight a lot of bacteria, some viruses, strengthen the immune system, and therefore should be present in our diet.
People who consume this food will benefit from many benefits that will help them to have much better health. The vitamin C content of garlic, a number of enzymes and minerals such as sulfur and selenium seem to play an important role in the effects that garlic has on our health.
In this article I will tell you some of its benefits on the body:
- Garlic has great antioxidant power in its composition, it is a powerful antiviral and antibiotic
- Its other benefits are its decongestant and expectorant effects for which it is indicated in cases of colds and flu.
- In addition, garlic also purifies the mucous membranes of the nose, throat, and lungs, keeping them free of germs.
- Its role is also to strengthen people’s immune systems
- It also helps us to normalize our cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- It gives us a wide variety of nutrients, but very few calories.
- People who consume this food will reduce their risk of heart disease
- Sulfur compounds contained in garlic, in high doses, protect our body from damage caused by the toxicity of heavy metals.
- And certain types of cancer will be reduced if we consume this food
- Garlic is especially indicated for those who tend to suffer from chronic infections or for those who have a very weakened immune system.
- During World War I, many English hospitals used to bandage the wounded with garlic to prevent infection.
As I already know, many people find it difficult to consume this food because it has a strong aroma and we are afraid of the smell it leaves in the mouth, but no doubt we must forget these “small damages” and decide to eat this wonderful gift of nature.
How to take garlic:
- It should be taken when you have the first symptom of a cold. It can be cut into small pieces and we can take them as if they were tablets.
- If our stomach is delicate and the “dry hair” of garlic does not fit very well, we can eat it with other foods.
- Experts say that in a diet, it is a very present food, it is widely used mixed with parsley, which reduces the smell of garlic and an additional intake of vitamin C.