Nasal obstruction due to inflammation of the mucosa lining the inner walls of the nostrils is called nasal congestion.
Inflammation results in the production of excess mucus. With this production, breathing will be difficult, and in some cases may cause redness of the upper lip and nose.
Causes that can influence the occurrence of nasal congestion are:
- Inhalation of irritants
- Allergies to certain products or clothes
The symptoms of nasal congestion are as follows:
- Difficulty breathing.
- Liquid and abundant mucus.
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Crying eyes
- Ear pain
Remedies for nasal congestion are as follows:
- One of the best remedies for nasal congestion is called saltwater. It must be inserted into the nostrils to decongest and clean the nostrils. It is a very suitable remedy to use with children. We can get seawater sprays from herbalists that are very effective.
- The second remedy is water vapor. Bring the water to a boil and once it starts to boil, we will open our eyes and place it on the container trying to breathe the steam that releases the water.
- Hot shower: the steam from the hot water will help clear the nostrils.
- The last remedy is called hydration. This, like the first one, is one of the best remedies in this nasal congestion. The water helps to remove mucus and it will be easier to expel it.