As you already know, this virus called COVID-19 has created a lot of anxiety and uncertainty among people. Regardless of age, all children want to know what will be good and that someone takes care of them, and even more so in these stressful moments. Since I also have children, I decided to share some tips to address these concerns. In this article I will give you 7 tips for relating children to help them emotionally during this crisis. These are:
- First, people need to learn to control their own anxiety
- Find out what they know through questions that can help them reduce their anxiety: What have you heard about coronavirus?, Where did you hear that?, What bothers you?, Do you have any questions I can help you answer?, What do you think about coronavirus?
- Do everything you can to validate your feelings and concerns
- Try to be available for questions and provide new information to people
- Empower them by shaping their behavior
- Give peace to yourself and those around you
- And last but not least, try not to blame other people
People need to be aware that this virus is new to everyone, and that is why they need to learn to live with this situation, so take advantage of this moment to connect with our children and help them. Good manners and empathy should be the great pillars of every home right now.